Landscape and Nature

 Landscape 

https://artwolfe.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Deserts/G0000Xw28YH_L0Bg/I0000F7sZy9qlvw8

When I first went onto Art Wolfe I was very overwhelmed with every picture I came across. I felt like every picture was so carefully crafted with detail and love. First off, I love how calmly but fierce the sky is. I feel like what makes this image so successful is the lightning in the background. If a lightning strike did not happen and it was just the cactus with the dark sky in the background it wouldn't be what it is. This photographer used color, lines, shapes and rule of thirds. For the color in this, the photographer had to of been tracking the storm because Arizona doesn't get many storms. But when they do they are some of the best works of art I have ever seen. The shapes in this are made up of how many years of life the caucus has had; meaning their arms. They give it all different types of dimensions whether it being a single arm or multiple arms. The lines in this are mainly focused by the lightning taking place in my opinion. They give the picture a new interest. It is a straight line? No. But it doesn't have some form of a line. Now this picture does have rules of third in it. This picture is slightly off centered, causing the eye to remove around and look at everything it does provide. I believe he used shutter speed with long exposure in a creative way.


Nature 

https://artwolfe.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/US-National-Parks/G0000S7HfB_AMo6c/I0000vUsl6Spx_s4

When it came to picking out a nature picture it was a little bit harder for me. I didn't find one that stood out to me as much until I came across this one. I love when pictures feature fog in the background. The fog adds a hint of mystery without the feeling of ominous. The day is just about to begin but the unknown is yet to come. This photographer used color, patterns, shape, and rule of thirds. The photographer uses color in this picture by having everything in the front like coming at you by popping. Yet, in the background the fog is still so thick it hides the real color of the trees. The patterns in this picture  to me are the trees. Besides the deer it gives the picture a focal point afterwards. The shape in this picture is the deer. If it were to be a picture of a field with fog, it would be nothing but just another picture. The photographer definitely used the rule of thirds in the picture. Your eyes move from the deer to the lower right corner, then to the upper left and circle back to the deer. I believe the photographer used aperture. He could've easily just taken a picture of the deer but instead he went ahead and captured the whole background and made the picture complete. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Food Porn'