Final Artist Statement

People would always tell me you're a light, you're the life of the party, the funny one, the one with the best advice, with the biggest smile and the loudest laugh. But for the last three years I have fallen in and out of darkness. I was good again for a little, but the parts of me I hadn't healed came tumbling down. It's like there is someone else occupying my body and I don't know how to get rid of their existence without them taking me too. I do not want to die. Sometimes I just sit in the shower trying to figure out what is wrong with me and why I'm never good enough. Why, no matter how hard I try I always feel like I'm drowning. It's a terrifying world to let people in, not knowing if they are there to hurt you or help you. So instead, I fight my battles on my own. In the darkness that constantly surrounds me. Similar to so many others. We are on our own. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Food Porn'